Modify an Existing License
Licensees in good standing with KREC can use their eServices account to:
- Update personal contact information
- Place a license in inactive status
- Renew a license
- Check education records
Principal brokers can also:
- Update escrow account information
- Update brokerage contact information
- Release or accept a license
Access your eServices Account
Inactive Status: Sales associates and brokers have the option of an active or inactive license. While active licensees may engage in brokerage activities, an individual whose license is inactive (formerly known as "escrow") is prohibited from doing so. Licensees who wish to place their license in a referral company must maintain an active license.
Steps to Deactivate or Activate a License
KREC may cancel a license for numerous reasons, including:
- Failure to complete education
- Failure to maintain errors and omissions insurance
- Failure to renew a license
- Failure to affiliate a license with a principal broker
If your license is canceled, it can be placed into inactive or active status within one (1) year of cancellation.
To cancel a license, log on to your eServices account and select "Request Cancellation" from the Other Services section.
Steps to Reinstate a Canceled License
Looking for a KREC Form? | Access the KREC Form Library
Need to Find a Licensee? | Access the License Verification Database or the Active License Directory