Individuals planning to apply for a Kentucky real estate license must request a copy of their identification record (FBI Background report) prior
to taking the licensure examination, pursuant to 201 KAR 11:430. Failure to do so will void the exam.
There are two options for obtaining the FBI report:
Report mailed to you
Avg. Processing Time: One week
Kentucky State Police
Fingerprint cards can be obtained from the following sources:
- KREC- 656 Chamberlin Ave, Suite B, Frankfort, KY 40601 (During Business Hours)
- Education Providers- providers will have a supply of cards to hand out
- Your local real estate board office
We strongly recommend that you obtain your fingerprints at a local law enforcement agency (police station, sheriff's office, etc.) Note:
The Kentucky State Police charge $10 for fingerprinting.
- All FBI reports expire ninety (90) days after the report date of issuance
- The KREC cannot issue a license without a valid FBI report
- You have sixty (60) days to apply for your license after successfully passing the exam